What color is this dress? Is the the "Internet Debate" heard round the world. Yesterday a picture of this blue && black or possibly white && gold dress began. I can honestly say I joined in and I think the dress is white & gold.....
According to Yahoo! News the debate began on Tumblr posted by a user named Swiked posted the controversial image with the caption:
“Guys please help me — is this dress white and gold, or blue and black? Me and my friends can’t agree and we are freaking the [expletive deleted] out.”
Swiked explained that it started out with a class debate that he or she shared on the internet and just like that it went viral.
To the bottom left is the photo of the debate. Bottom right the possible actual dress from a UK retailer:
But in any case of differences of opinions, the excepts chimmed in and this is what they had to say:
A Buzzfeed survey says 74 percent say white and gold, while the other 26 percent saw blue and black.
Deadspin examined the Photoshop data attached to the image, pulling the dress image into the program to see what color Photoshop deemed it. The answer: blue and black.
Blue and Black: Your retina’s cones are more high functioning, and this results in your eyes doing subtractive mixing. White and Gold: Our eyes don’t work well in dim light so our retinas rods see white, and this makes them less light sensitive, causing additive mixing, (that of green and red), to make gold.
A Radio Junkie providing context to content! #KeepingYOUintheKNOW