Rescue workers were called at 12:40 a.m. after the young man was spotted convulsing on the ground.
They desperately performed heart massage for 30 minutes, but were unable to detect a pulse and he was declared dead soon after.
The tragedy happened during the annual summer fiesta of the town, which has a population of just 6,000 citizens.
Town Mayor Jaume Isern expressed his condolences for the family and has since canceled the rest of the celebrations, which are in their 30th year, according to El Periodico.
According to the NY Daily News, a 18-year old boy was electrocuted to death Monday, after urinating on a lamp post in Bunyola, Mallorca (Spain). During an annual summer festival on the island the boy went to the bathroom on a faulty lamp post sending the electricity through his body, shocking him to death.
A Radio Junkie providing context to content! #KeepingYOUintheKNOW